For This Green Life Subscribers…

It’s been a pleasure writing for you and hearing from you these many years!

current-1409-finalAs you may already know, I am wrapping up my This Green Life column for NRDC after more than a decade. If you didn’t know, read my farewell column here.

As of now, I am not sure what I’ll do next. It may be more of the same in a different format or maybe something altogether new. If you’d like to hear when I figure it out — and stay in touch — join my mailing list.

Join My Mailing List

25 Responses to For This Green Life Subscribers…

1. Jill September 24, 2014 at 10:27 am #

I will miss you and hope you go from strength to strength! Great column. Very down-to-earth and useful.

• Joanne Sorrentino September 25, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

Best wishes on your new journey ! We all need a change,like our bodies change every 7 years 🙂 My sis is a vet tech & told me about cat litter from recycled pine trees which is what we use.One 40 LB bag (of the name brand last year) lasted us almost 1 year with the specific designed cat pan. I just tried the store brand, will never purchase again. (FYI)

2. Jacquelyn Hawkins September 24, 2014 at 10:37 am #

So glad for an opportunity to stay in touch. I have learned so much from you & always with the implied “hug” of a friend. Many thanks, and looking forward to future contact.

3. Christi Love September 24, 2014 at 10:39 am #

Well done!…and yes, worker’s rights, especially the migrant workers who are integral to our food production is an issue that must be brought to greater light. The truth is that a “green lifestyle” is out of reach to the struggling poor and lower middle/middle class. These dis-empowered neighbors see their homes become dumping grounds for unchecked polluters because their well-being is not on the agenda. It is time we all adopt a more wholistic view that invites everyone to the table.

• Sheryl September 25, 2014 at 10:49 am #

I’m with you!

4. Susan September 24, 2014 at 11:27 am #

Thank you for wonderful column. I’ve kept so many of them–they are my go-to for handy info. on green living. Much success in your new venture.

5. ROBERTA M SEBASTIAN September 24, 2014 at 11:51 am #

WISHING YOU A BLESSED, JOYFUL, HEALTHY, ‘GREEN’ NEW YEAR 5775 🙂

6. beth September 24, 2014 at 11:52 am #

Good luck with your next phase of work, very inspiring. I will miss This Green Life.

7. Richard September 24, 2014 at 2:20 pm #

Thanks for your tireless efforts to share and to educate others about how we can all help heal the world. Now that I am a grandparent I am even more concerned about how we pass the world on to the next generation(s). You have done much to help in that regard. Best wishes in any and all your future endeavors!

8. Renee September 24, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Thank you so much for all of your insight that you shared with me monthly through this column.

9. Terri Hughes September 24, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

Sorry to see you go….best of luck!

10. Sheryl September 24, 2014 at 5:09 pm #

I appreciate all your thanks and good wishes. It is very rewarding to hear at the end of the day that this endeavor of mine, which was meaningful to me, was meaningful to you as well. -Sheryl

11. forourgrandkids September 24, 2014 at 7:03 pm #

Job well done Sheryl…thank you. Onward and upward now.

12. Jim September 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm #

Thanks for all the articles!

13. twentypawproductions September 25, 2014 at 7:47 am #

it’s time for a book from you… think very seriously about this… people are learning the hard way… your voice can not be silence… hugs2u

• Sheryl September 25, 2014 at 10:48 am #

I’m not sure I have the stamina for a whole book! But thank you.

14. SP September 25, 2014 at 10:36 am #

You make your child read books on a Kindle? Jeez.

• Sheryl September 25, 2014 at 10:45 am #

Have no fear, she’s a young adult and chose herself. We also have many old books on our shelves for her to choose from — and when I say many, I mean close to 2000. We are great book lovers.

15. Cissy September 25, 2014 at 11:13 am #

Several years ago, I took on the role of Environmental Club sponsor for our school. As I searched the internet for information to share with my students, I came across your site. I’m so glad I signed up to receive the newsletters! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for making us aware of our choices. May God bless you as you move on to the next chapter.

16. lisa September 26, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

Thank you Sheryl for your wonderful monthly newsletter- they were always so informative, well-researched and easily to understand/implement. I’m in the sustainability field and used your articles to to help educate myself and others. Good luck and keep spreading your amazing gift – I look forward to hearing from you!

17. Mary September 26, 2014 at 9:52 pm #

But has the green living movement, done good for the world? YES, YES and YES it has. Thanks for sharing ways for me and my family to become more environmentally smart. You and your Green Life will be greatly missed. You go girl on your new journey of helping others!

Mary Anderson – Detroit, MI

18. Dr. Bob Ross September 29, 2014 at 2:12 pm #

I can sympathize with your desire to get more active in labor issues. I had a local green column for about three years and you could see the shift from tree-hugging to Congress-bashing. I felt, and still feel, that the public gets it on most issues, provided they get accurate, honest information, but they are thwarted by the very government that they elected to represent them. So I dropped the green column and established a political site and facebook blog. Granted, not very effective in moving Washington, but at least I can feel like I’m addressing the real problem. Job well done on your previous column and best of luck with the new venture. Dr. Bob Ross

19. veganzulu04 September 29, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Not enough. Watch Cowspiracy.

20. artbymeera October 1, 2014 at 7:55 pm #

will miss you here 🙁 wish you all the best in your next adventure !

21. Myra Craig October 3, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

Sheryl,
    Thank you very much for sharing your common sense as well as eco-sense over the years!! Will look forward to reading more of your writings in the future, in another blogisphere, lolol.