Tired of waiting for government to get serious about saving the climate? Make your feelings known and take action in your own life to show you’re serious too. Here are suggestions ranging from the grand to the everyday. Pick one or two (or five) and run with them.
Make the big changes
- Move to a sustainable community.
- Switch to green energy.
- Use public transit.
- Weatherize your home.
- Cool your home naturally.
- Eat less meat. (Yes, this will help with climate change.)
Make the small changes
- Save energy in the laundry room.
- Maintain your car and other equipment.
- Drive less; bike or walk more.
- Repair belongings instead of replacing them.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Buy products made of recycled materials.
- Turn lights off when not in use.
- Reduce waste from energy vampires.
- Use trusty manual devices (can openers, toothbrushes) instead of electrical ones.
- Dress for the season instead of relying on heat or A/C to make you comfortable.
Get the right equipment
And plant trees!